Website Candor Expedite
A growing logistics company in Plano, Texas that is an industry leader in time sensitive shipment solutions has an immediate opening for a Chief Operating Officer (COO). Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Warehousing & Int’l Freight is strongly preferred. We are searching for that leader who is committed to continuous improvement & strategic growth, and who has succeeded in taking companies in this industry sector to the next level. The right candidate will have demonstrated accountability and leadership in driving significant year over year top line growth and profitability in collaboration with a business Owner/CEO, and in developing and leading a scalable infrastructure.
The COO will oversee the long-term vision and growth strategies of the company’s products and services as well as supporting and leading the greater operations on a daily basis. The COO should have the credentials and skill set to step into the CEO role in the near future.
This new position will office at the company’s headquarters in Plano, Texas, and offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with this leadership role, including full medical benefits, 401k, PTO and profit sharing.
- Drive profitable growth with enthusiasm and “best practices” while complimenting the company’s culture of respect and compassion by embracing the company’s core values.
- Support and implement with energy and initiative the CEO’s vision for the business.
- Collaborate with the CEO and management team in developing and implementing the company’s strategic plans and goals.
- Drive workflow efficiency to execute with excellence to enhance customer and carrier experience and promote long term relationships.
- Ensure that the company’s customers have the best experience possible and promote long term relationships.
- Implement and manage the annual operational budget/forecast.
- Recruit, develop and mentor management talent and leadership with an emphasis on accountability.
- Develop communication cadence with your teams to review metrics, establish expectations and objectives and measure to those regularly.
- Identify and track key data metrics (KPI’s) to improve operational efficiency and profitability.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement appropriate IT platforms and systems to enable profitable growth and enhance company intellectual property(IP) opportunities.
- 10+ years experience in a Senior Management role in the logistics, transport or supply chain industry, with some of this period reporting directly to a CEO.
- Experience as a COO reporting directly to a CEO strongly preferred.
- Experience in Supply Chain, or Logistics, or Warehousing & Int’l Freight is strongly preferred.
- Track record in playing a prominent leadership role in driving significant and profitable year over year growth.
- Skill in organizational development, personnel management, budget/resource development and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Strong business and commercial acumen with experience in managing a P&L.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to influence and deliver through others.
- Proven ability to work in an international, multicultural environment with strong presentation and facilitation skills and excellent organizational and time management skill.
- Ability to travel as business deems necessary to meet with customers and represent the business at industry conferences.
- Must be familiar with DOT, FMSCA regulations and with the highly stringent domestic and international regulatory environments governing transportation & logistics
- College degree in Business preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org